New Publications Available
Two new CSRC papers were recently published in American Heart Journal. Click the links below to access the materials.
- Assessing cardiac safety in oncology drug development
- Restricted mean survival time for the analysis of cardiovascular outcome trials assessing non-inferiority: Case studies from antihyperglycemic drug development
New CSRC Executive Director Named
Congratulations to Jonathan Seltzer, MD, MBA, MA for being named CSRC's Executive Director! Dr. Seltzer serves on CSRC's Executive Committee and Scientific Programs Committee.
The Cardiac Safety Research Consortium is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on cardiac safety for new and existing medical products by building a collaborative environment based upon the principles of the FDA’s Critical Path Initiative as well as other public health priorities.
February 22, 2020: Shock III: Advancing Pragmatic Priorities & Pathways in Shock Research
Ongoing: Webinar: Technical Specifications for Submitting Data for QT Studies
Initiatives and Projects
For more than a decade, we have made great strides in advancing knowledge of cardiac safety in clinical research through conferences, publications, and research projects. We are currently planning for the following think tanks in 2018:
New Advances in the Assessment of Drug-Induced Arrhythmias and the Comprehensive In Vitro Proarrythmia Assay (CiPA) (Spring)
Understanding Cardiogenic Shock and Defining the Concept of “Pre-shock” (Fall)
- Concept of "pre-shock" and develop consensus statements for clinical/research use
- Mechanical circulatory support in treating "pre-shock"
Novel Approaches for the Evaluation of Mobile Technologies in CV Medicine — Scientific rigor, Innovative Methods, Regulatory Acceptance (Fall)
- Integrating devices into supporting cardiovascular safety and efficacy endpoints
- Promised efficiencies of mobile technology in clinical trials
- Device features, patient features, endpoint validation, and regulatory considerations
- Arrhythmia Normal Limits Combined Holter/12 Lead ECG Analysis
- CSRC Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in the Young: National Cardiac Screening Warehouse Pilot Study
Submit Your Ideas
SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS FOR THINK TANKS AND PUBLICATIONS
In order to promote the spirit of collaboration the CSRC highly values, we ask that you submit your ideas for future research projects, think tanks, and white papers. By hearing directly from our members, we can ensure that the topics researched, discussed and published are important to you.
CSRC members benefit from engaging in pre-competitive collaboration with cardiac safety professionals on vital research topics and projects. Working together, we have the opportunity to accomplish public health objectives that no single stakeholder could achieve on its own. The CSRC takes to heart the African proverb shared at one of our pediatric safety think tanks:
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
In that spirit, we celebrate our second decade of excellence in
cardiac safety research, and going there together.