Participation at DIA Annual Meeting
The Cardiac Safety Research Consortium is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on cardiac safety for new and existing medical products by building a collaborative environment based upon the principles of the FDA’s Critical Path Initiative as well as other public health priorities.
CSRC Membership Renewal Letters
Attention Members: Be on the lookout for membership renewal letters from the CSRC. We thank you for your many contributions to our organization and look forward to the year ahead!
DIA Annual Meeting
We will host an engaging discussion on key issues in cardiac safety research June 24-28 at the 2018 DIA Annual Meeting. Check back in for more information regarding this exciting opportunity.
We're also planning for the following think tanks in 2018:
- Spring - Evolving Use of Cardiac Biomarkers to Drive Efficiencies in Clinical Trials
- Summer - Defining the Clinical and Regulatory Landscape for Cardiogenic Shock
- Fall - Novel approaches for the evaluation of mobile technologies in CV medicine - scientific rigor, innovative methods, regulatory acceptance
News & Updates
Download slides & meeting materials from our October 2017 meeting & think tank
Read the new CSRC white paper: "Is There A Role For Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Guided Dosing For Novel Oral Anticoagulants?"
Initiatives and Projects
For more than a decade, we have made great strides in advancing knowledge of cardiac safety in clinical research through conferences, publications, and research projects. We are currently planning for the following think tanks in 2018:
Evolving Use of Cardiac Biomarkers to Drive Efficiencies in Clinical Trials (Spring)
- Use of cardiac biomarkers for inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Cardiac biomarkers as surrogate safety/efficacy endpoints
- The biomarker as a target for therapy
Understanding Cardiogenic Shock and Defining the Concept of “Pre-shock” (Summer)
- Concept of "pre-shock" and develop consensus statements for clinical/research use
- Mechanical circulatory support in treating "pre-shock"
Novel Approaches for the Evaluation of Mobile Technologies in CV Medicine — Scientific rigor, Innovative Methods, Regulatory Acceptance (Fall)
- Integrating devices into supporting cardiovascular safety and efficacy endpoints
- Promised efficiencies of mobile technology in clinical trials
- Device features, patient features, endpoint validation, and regulatory considerations
- CSRC Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in the Young: National Cardiac Screening Warehouse Pilot Study
- Enhancing Cardiac Safety though the Use of Social Media
- NOACs: Is There A Role For Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Guiding Dosing For Novel Oral Anticoagulants?
- Drug-Device Safety Interactions: Evolution of Strategies to Improve Preclinical Cardiac Safety Testing
- CSRC: New Paradigms: Comparison of Quality-of-Life Measures after Radial versus Femoral Artery Access for Cardiac Catheterization in Women: Results of the SAFE-PCI for Women Quality-of-Life Substudy
Submit Your Ideas
SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS FOR THINK TANKS AND PUBLICATIONS
In order to promote the spirit of collaboration the CSRC highly values, we ask that you submit your ideas for future research projects, think tanks, and white papers. By hearing directly from our members, we can ensure that the topics researched, discussed and published are important to you.
CSRC members benefit from engaging in pre-competitive collaboration with cardiac safety professionals on vital research topics and projects. Working together, we have the opportunity to accomplish public health objectives that no single stakeholder could achieve on its own. The CSRC takes to heart the African proverb shared at one of our pediatric safety think tanks:
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
In that spirit, we celebrate our second decade of excellence in
cardiac safety research, and going there together.